This Fall, the Kitsap County Special Needs Community has a lot to look forward to. For upcoming events, information, news, and resources, enter your email below and subscribe to our weekly emails! We’ll make sure you have the most up-to-date information and all the resources you could need to help you, the community.
It’s almost Halloween! If you haven’t already gotten your costumes, check out The Prom Closet in Port Orchard for great Halloween costumes and a special needs-friendly staff!
The Prom Closet | 1012 Mitchell Avenue, Port Orchard, WA 98366 | (360) 443-3705
The Prom Closet is a program founded in 2009 by South Kitsap Helpline, a local non – profit organization in partnership with South Kitsap High School Community Transition Program (CTP). The Prom Closet provides awareness of the Helpline’s Food Bank by lending formal wear to teens, men and women in exchange for a food donation. Clothing and accessories are returned within 10 days for someone else to enjoy. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or check out their page on Facebook for more information!
Click below for information about Parent/Student Information Night 2014!
- South Kitsap High School – Thursday, October 30th, 2014 from 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- North Kitsap High School – Thursday, November 6th from 5:30 – 7:00 pm
Check out the October/November Kitsap County Parent Coalition eNewsletter for special updates about:
- Special Education and Advocacy Resources
- Parent/Student Information Night 2014 – For North & South Kitsap
- Inclusion Meeting at the Arc of Kitsap and Jefferson Counties put on by Washington PAVE, and other special events
- Fall Community Outings, such as a corn maze, casino night, etc.
- Upcoming Parent Coalition Meetings
- A calendar of events for both October and November
Also, we’ve added a few new resources to our Special Needs Services/Nonprofits page, for information about transitional housing, assisted living alternatives, and apartment programs, as well as job listings, job coaching, customized employment services, and job development.